Upcoming Workshops for Parents:
Parenting the Extreme Teen April 11 and 25, 6:00-7:30pm
A two part series of workshops to help parents with common teen anxieties, and more extreme teen issues such as substance use, self harm, truancy, and mental health issues.
You will learn:
*How to respond rather than react
*How to influence rather than control
*To set limits from boundaries and values
*To improve your relationship with your teen
*To Increase the respect your teen has for you
Where: Collingwood Psychotherapy and Yoga Centre, 74 Hurontario Street, Suite 213, Collingwood, Ontario
Workshops for Organizations:
I develop workshops and seminars tailored to organization’s needs. My aim is to train helping professionals interested in developing their staff’s awareness of and facility in interpersonal skills, boundaries, trauma, attachment, therapeutic skills, mental health issues, wellness, yoga and mental health, personal development and parenting.
Some workshops I have presented have included:
- Navigating boundaries in the workplace – Right to Play
- Working with children who have experienced Trauma – Right to Play
- Boundaries and the Art of Relationship at Camp – Camp Oochigeas
- Managing behaviours in a camp context – Taylor Statten Camps
- Contacting the Self: From Dysregulation to Mindful Connection in the Therapeutic Relationship – Mistissini Mindfulness Conference – Cree Justice Department AND Gwekwaadziwin Miikan, Youth Mental Health and Addiction Program
- Boundaries, Limits and Attunement in the Parent-Teenager relationship – Pine River Institute
- Contacting the Self: From Dysregulation to Mindful Connection in the Parent-Teenager Relationship – Pine River Institute
- Trauma awareness in the parenting relationship – Pine River Institute
Please contact me if you would like me to prepare a training for your organization or group.