Workshops for Organizations:
I develop workshops and seminars tailored to organization’s needs. My aim is to train helping professionals interested in developing their staff’s awareness of and facility in interpersonal skills, boundaries, trauma, attachment, therapeutic skills, mental health issues, wellness, yoga and mental health, personal development and parenting.
Some workshops I have presented have included:
- Anxiety and the Nervous System: Understanding, Normalizing and Soothing Anxiety in Individuals and the Family – Almaguin Highlands Community Living
- Trauma ,Yoga and the Brain: Strategies for Understanding, Normalizing and Soothing Patient Fears – Royal Victoria Hospital
- Navigating boundaries in the workplace – Right to Play
- Working with children who have experienced Trauma – Right to Play
- Boundaries and the Art of Relationship at Camp – Camp Oochigeas
- Managing behaviours in a camp context – Taylor Statten Camps
- Contacting the Self: From Dysregulation to Mindful Connection in the Therapeutic Relationship – Mistissini Mindfulness Conference – Cree Justice Department AND Gwekwaadziwin Miikan, Youth Mental Health and Addiction Program
- Boundaries, Limits and Attunement in the Parent-Teenager relationship – Pine River Institute
- Contacting the Self: From Dysregulation to Mindful Connection in the Parent-Teenager Relationship – Pine River Institute
- Trauma awareness in the parenting relationship – Pine River Institute
Please contact me if you would like me to prepare a training for your organization or group.
Parenting the Extreme Teen
Please inquire about upcoming dates
A four part series of workshops to help parents with common teen anxieties, and more extreme teen issues such as substance use, self harm, truancy, and mental health issues.
You will learn:
- How to respond rather than react
- How to influence rather than control
- To set limits from boundaries and values
- To improve your relationship with your teen
- To increase the respect has for you and others
Trauma and Neurobiologically Informed Relational Psychotherapy: A seminar for Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Doctors, Nurses and Counsellors
Biweekly Fridays in September 2020-February 2020.
A 10 week seminar for professionals interested in learning more about practicing Relational Psychotherapy that is grounded in recent research and evolving theory informed by neurobiological insight and concomitant theories around treating trauma.
In this seminar, we will read about and then discuss where Relational theories intersect and diverge from emerging Neurobiological and Trauma based theories and how to put this all into practice.
There will be opportunities for experiential practice sessions and personal reflection on how these seminars are shaping and reshaping the ways that you practice and how this is impacting the healing process of your clients.
Participants should be prepared to delve deeply into assigned texts and to reflect on and then discuss these in relation to themselves and their work. Participants should also be prepared to fully participate in experiential aspects of the seminar, (i.e. practice therapy, linking self to practice) open to the possibilities and growth that sharing vulnerably offers.
10 week seminar – 3 hours/seminar
$880 + HST
$80 + HST Non refundable deposit to register
$400 + HST Due September 1, 2020
$400 + HST Due December 1, 2020