Starts Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Tuesdays – 4:30pm-5:30pm
Wednesdays and Thursdays – 12:00pm-1:00pm
Saturdays – 9:00am-10:00am
Ashtanga Yoga is a traditional, flowing, dynamic yoga style developed in Mysore, India by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya. The lineage is carried on by Pattabhi Jois’ grandson, Sharath Jois. It is based on the eight limbed (Ashtanga) path detailed in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
This class will teach you the basics of the Ashtanga yoga primary series sequence. We will cover the opening chant, sun salutations, standing postures, some seated postures and the closing sequence.
Commitment to the practice results in a deep connection to the body, mind and soul, reduced anxiety and tension, flexibility and strength, a light, comfortable body and an ease in movement.
This practice is accessible to any level of student, from absolute beginners to more advanced practitioners, and is ideally practiced 6 days a week.
CPYC aims to create a friendly community where yoga practitioners of all levels feel welcomed and supported. My goal is for you to have a safe space in which to grow as a person and in your practice, to feel accepted at each step in your yoga journey and to be recognized for your unique contribution to the yoga room.
The purpose of this class is :
- To introduce you to the fundamentals of the Ashtanga yoga series of poses and the vinyasa (the movements between poses)
- To develop a healthy, strong body and mind
- To teach you ways to stay safe in your practice
- To develop confidence with the Mysore style of Ashtanga yoga: a self practice in a group setting.
- To provide you with a strong foundation in Ashtanga yoga
- First week Free!
- $20 – Drop in
$90 – 5 class pass
$170 – 10 class pass
$320 – 20 class pass
$240 – Monthly unlimited
- *All Class Passes must be used within 180 days of purchase
Payments can be made by:
- E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash or cheque
- There are public washrooms down the hall from the studio where you can change. Alternately, you can plan to wear your yoga clothes to the class if you prefer. There is a waiting room where you can store your coats, boots/shoes and other items you bring with you. Please bring valuables with you into the yoga room and turn OFF cell phones.