You will know that you are in the right place if you:
- Feel embarrassed or nervous to come to therapy. You are not alone: the most common reason Canadians do not access mental health services is because they are worried about being judged by the therapist or other people who know they are seeking help. I aim to create a safe, non-judgmental and confidential environment so that you can feel comfortable doing your therapy work.
- Are looking to understand how to feel more connected in relationships.
- Want to be an integral part of the growth process of your teenager, adopted/fostered child, spouse/partner, or family.
- Recognize that my role is to create a safe space for you to explore your emotions and to guide you as you work to connect more deeply to others and your internal world.
- Appreciate a caring, intuitive, experienced, hopeful and authentic healing dialogue.
- Want therapy based on relational, attachment based, trauma, sensorimotor, yogic, mindful and neurobiologically informed theories.
- Want evidence driven therapy; If you are interested in tracking your progress, you can fill out regular questionnaires on my Greenspace tracking tool and I will use results to inform our work together.
- Are willing to commit the time and energy for regular, in-person sessions and homework to engage in the process of change.
- Want to occasionally replace your in-person session with an online session on those days when you just can’t make it in (i.e snow days, sick days, days when you are out of town).
- May choose to extend your self development process by engaging in our yoga community that is based on the principles of Trauma sensitive Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga.